You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
VIC | Balanced | Workshops: 10 days consecutive - Onsite
Course ID VP2313I_1_B
Launch your legal career. Study online for 18 weeks with the full support of industry pros and career coaches.
Participate in 10 days of onsite workshops on 19 - 23 and 26 - 30 June.
Domestic Students $10,150
International Students $14,650
12 June 2023
18 July 2023
19 June 2023
20 October 2023
College of Law
Level 1, 555 Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Attend onsite workshops held between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday for the first two weeks.
The balanced program option is perfect for students who want to get admitted quickly – and still balance their studies with other commitments.
You'll need to devote at least 15-20 hours per week during the coursework of the program.
The Practical Legal Training program is undertaken in three components:
- Work Experience
Continuing Professional Education
Complete all three components to receive your Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and be admitted as an Australian lawyer.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (received your final results), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent
- Be able to provide proof of completion of your law degree (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
In Victoria, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
If you would like to start your Practical Legal Training early, you will need to seek approval from the Victorian Legal Admissions Board (VLAB). Please contact the Victorian Legal Admissions Board on 03 9604 2451 for further information.
You will have to provide evidence of your law qualification or early commencement letter from the admitting authority before the Practical Legal Training course start date to commence the program.
How to Apply
- A copy of your Academic Transcript (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
- A current colour photo of your face
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
This is a quick process which only takes 15 minutes. We will email you once your enrolment has been processed and confirmed.
Terms and Conditions
- This program is subject to minimum numbers. The College of Law reserves the right to cancel the program where the level of enrolments does not reach the minimum numbers required to operate the program viably.
Attendance at all workshops is compulsory. If you miss one or more of the workshops you may be required to withdraw and enrol into a later course.
The balanced course may not be available for enrolment or transfer after July 2023. In the event the balanced course does not continue, you will be invited to enrol/transfer into one of our other course offerings.
All relevant rules in the PLT Manual will apply.