Legal Practice Management
Legal Practice Management Course
The Legal Practice Management Course is developed and run by leaders who also manage legal businesses. Their experience helps to ensure that you gain the understanding and skills you need to manage your own firm and broaden your career options.
The College program meets the requirements of state regulating bodies and offers a solid ground in law practice management or as a refresher course for more experienced practitioners.
Who is it for?
Our course has been specifically designed for legal practitioners who want to practise as a:
- sole practitioner
- partner of a law firm
- supervisor of a community legal service
- director or an incorporated legal practice
The course is also beneficial for:
- in-house lawyers with management responsibilities or who are looking to gain an understanding about legal services
- experienced practitioners who are looking for techniques to grow their practice and update practice managements skills
- Legal Practice Managers and other professionals working in law firms
The course effectively presented the practical, ethical and legal aspects of managing a law practice, which I now draw on frequently.
How LPMC will equip you
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Implement effective management techniques
- Understand the dynamics of current legal practice
- Apply professional responsibility and ethical practice requirements
- Development of your practice
- Understand the financial mechanics of your practice
- Manage legal practice risk and avoid negligence
- Incorporate practice management systems and new technologies
- Better manage and supervise your staff
- Maximise your daily output
- Understand the causes of stress and balance personal and professional priorities
New South Wales
Meets the requirements of the NSW Law Society to become a principal of a law firm or sole practitioner.LPMC NSW
A comprehensive course that covers all the requirements for a Principal Practising Certificate in Queensland.LPMC QLD
Assessed as compliant with the policy and guidelines of the Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner to become the Principal of a law practice in Victoria.LPMC VIC
Why study with us?
Our presenters have a passion for practice management and have extensive legal experience.
They will help bridge the gap between theory and real-world experience so you can understand how the subject matters translates into practical application.
Our interactive classes ensure that you won’t get lost in the crowd. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, share ideas and get to know your fellow students and presenters.
Coaching and feedback
We want to help you maximise the potential of your practice management course. Our teaching and support staff are available to guide you through the course from enrolment right through to completion.
We recognise that your life is busy, and you need to balance your career, personal life and other commitments with study. Our course is offered via a flexible delivery mode of online and face-to-face learning. With up to 14 start dates throughout the year, you will be able to find a course that suits yours needs.
Upgrade your qualification
Completing the Legal Practice Management course with The College of Law can be just the beginning. Your course may be counted as one subject’s credit towards our Masters of Laws program. Our LLM is designed to enhance your on-the-job skills and take your career to the next level.