Practical Legal Training program: Part-time - Evening - QLD
Course ID QP2001E_1
The College of Law’s Practical Legal Training is the leading program in Australia for law graduates preparing for admission to practice.
This option involves 1 – 2 evening attendances per week for the first 6 weeks in conjunction with online interactive learning, with the support of a dedicated lecturer.
Domestic Students $9,640
International Students $13,910
15 January 2020
03 March 2020
20 January 2020
14 August 2020
The College of Law Queensland
Level 5, Wesley House
140 Ann St
Brisbane QLD 4000
About This Course
The College of Law's Practical Legal Training Program leading to the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice is the most popular way to prepare for admission to practice for Australian law graduates.
Why do so many graduates choose this program?
• You’ll be more ‘practice-ready’
• You’ll study how and when you want
• You’ll be more attractive to employers
• You’ll get more support and guidance
• You’ll enjoy benefits to last a lifetime.
You will be required on campus for 1 – 2 evening classes per week for 6 weeks. The evening attendances are during weeks 1, 2, 8 – 10 and 14 of the course.
If you have completed any of the subjects on our approved list you will not need to attend 1 of the workshops.
The remainder of your coursework, including assessments, will be delivered online.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (completed your final exam), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent
In Queensland, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
To seek approval, please complete the online enrolment form for the Practical Legal Training course you would like to undertake. Once this has been received, The College of Law will email you and the Queensland Law Society a conditional offer of enrolment. After you have received your conditional offer of enrolment, please contact the Queensland Law Society on 1300 367 757 to complete the process.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol Online button above.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are planning to undertake the Clinical Experience Module (CEM) as part of the Short Format Option, you will be asked to indicate your interest when completing the application form. We will contact you during the coursework component of the program to confirm your intention to enrol in the CEM.