Practical Legal Training program: Full-time - On Campus - NSW
Course ID NP2001C_1
The College of Law’s Practical Legal Training is the leading program in Australia for law graduates preparing for admission to practice.
This option involves an initial 5 days of attendance followed by 3 days a week on campus for the following 14 weeks, with the support of a dedicated lecturer.
Completion of this program leads to the award of the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP).
Enrolments close at 5.00pm Monday 23 December 2019.
See below for further information about enrolling after this date.
Domestic Students $9,640
International Students $13,910
01 January 2020
28 January 2020
06 January 2020
17 April 2020
The College of Law
2 Chandos Street
St Leonards NSW 2065
About This Course
The College of Law's Practical Legal Training Program leading to the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice is the most popular way to prepare for admission to practice for Australian law graduates.
Why do so many graduates choose this program?
• You’ll be more ‘practice-ready’
• You’ll study how and when you want
• You’ll be more attractive to employers
• You’ll get more support and guidance
• You’ll enjoy benefits to last a lifetime.
You will be required on campus for the first five days of the program followed by 3 days a week, 9am – 3pm. If you have completed any of the subjects on our approved list you will not need to attend the Friday of the first week.
Enrolments close 23 December 2019
- That you have your evidence of completion of your Law qualification or approval from the Legal Profession Admission Board for early enrolment available by 3rd January 2020.
- That you contact our Student Support team on 1300 856 111 or (02) 9965 7076 on the 3rd January 2020 (when the college re-opens), prior to 2.00pm ESDST so that the team can send you a link to the online enrolment form.
- That payment or a completed FEE HELP form is received by the college for your course fees no later than the 3rd January 2020. (For college account details click here we will also take payment over the phone)
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (completed your final exam), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent, and
- Be able to provide proof of completion of your law degree by the Practical Legal Training course census date (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
In New South Wales, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
If you would like to start your Practical Legal Training early, you will need to seek approval from the Legal Profession Admission Board (LPAB.) Please contact the Legal Profession Admission Board on 02 9338 3500 for further information.
HOW TO Apply
You can apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol Online button above.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you would like to undertake the Clinical Experience Module (CEM) as part of the Short Format Option, you will be asked to indicate your interest when completing the application form. We will contact you during the coursework component of the program to confirm your intention to enrol in the CEM.