PLT Plus: Full-time - Online - QLD Regional
Course ID QP182F_R
PLT Plus is the leading program in Australia for law graduates preparing for admission to practice.
This option involves an initial 5 days of attendance at one of our regional centres, followed by 14 weeks of online interactive learning, with the support of a dedicated lecturer.
Completion of this program leads to the award of the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP).
The workshop dates are:
Cairns: 02 July 2018 - 06 July 2018
Gold Coast: 02 July 2018 - 06 July 2018
Townsville: 25 June 2018 - 29 June 2018
Toowoomba: 25 June 2018 - 29 June 2018
Sunshine Coast: 25 June 2018 - 29 June 2018
Domestic Students $9,260.00
International Students $13,370.00
20 June 2018
17 July 2018
25 June 2018
12 October 2018
About This Course
The PLT Plus Program leading to the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice is the most popular way to prepare for admission to practice for Australian law graduates.
Why do so many graduates choose this program?
• You’ll be more ‘practice-ready’
• You’ll study how and when you want
• You’ll be more attractive to employers
• You’ll get more support and guidance
• You’ll enjoy benefits to last a lifetime.
The PLT Plus program is undertaken in three components -
- Work Experience
- Continuing Professional Education
Please review the detailed information about PLT Plus before selecting your study option and start date.
This option is the full-time online option. The 5 days of face-to-face training can be undertaken at one of the following locations:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Students undertaking this option will need to devote 30 – 35 hours per week during the coursework component of the program. This option suits students who are looking for the quickest path to admission.
We recommend that students working full-time do not undertake the full-time option.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law, or
- Have qualified to graduate in law.
In Queensland, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have a maximum of two electives remaining in your law degree or equivalent qualification.
If you are seeking to apply for an early start you will need to seek approval from the Queensland Legal Practitioners Admissions Board (LPAB). The LPAB will need the following to approve your application:
- Evidence that you have completed the Priestley 11* core subjects
- Evidence that you have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree or equivalent qualification. You will need to provide a certified copy of you academic transcript showing a current enrolment in the outstanding subjects
- Provide a letter from the Dean of your university law school stating you are enrolled in the outstanding subjects and once they are completed you will graduate with an LLB or JD or Diploma of Law.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Apply Online button above.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are planning to undertake the Clinical Experience Module (CEM) as part of the Short Format Option, you will be asked to indicate your interest when completing the application form. We will contact you during the coursework component of the program to confirm your intention to enrol in the CEM.