Mental Health First Aid for legal practitioners
Mental Health First Aid for Legal Practitioners
Our highly popular Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course provides you with the skills needed to recognise signs and symptoms of a mental health problem. You will also learn how to approach someone and have a conversation about mental health and let them know what resources are available for them.
Thanks to Legal Super, you can now access Mental Health First Aid Australia’s (MHFAA) blended MHFA training course that is tailored for legal workplaces.
This course is a combination of a six-hour online (eLearning) component and 2 x 2.5-hour follow-up virtual training sessions that will teach you how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Scroll down for course dates.The eLearning component of the program will cover:
- Developing mental health problems: Depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance use problems and eating disorders.
- Mental health crises: Suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drug use and aggressive behaviours.
Note: You must complete this e-learning component before attending the first virtual workshop.From the workshop’s component, you will:
- Learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems and crises in your employees and co-workers
- Understand risk factors and appropriate evidence-based treatments and supports
- Learn how to respond and offer appropriate support to employees and co-workers using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
All programs are available to attendees throughout Australia. However, you may find a program facilitated in a time zone that suits you.
New South Wales
|Western Australia||South Australia|
|23 – 24
|12 – 16
|15 – 16
|17 – 19
|13 – 14
|14 – 16
|13 – 15
|16 – 18
|18 – 20
If you are interested in providing training for your firm, contact us to coordinate everything from enrolment to completion. The course can be delivered on site in your offices or at our campuses in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney. For more information, please send your enquiry to CPD@collaw.edu.au
This initiative is proudly supported by: