You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID FOR LEGAL PRACTITIONERS
Mental Health First Aid for Legal Practitioners
Our highly popular Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course provides you with the skills needed to recognise signs and symptoms of a mental health problem. You will also learn how to approach someone and have a conversation about mental health and let them know what resources are available for them.
Thanks to legalsuper, you can now access Mental Health First Aid Australia’s (MHFAA) blended MHFA training course that is tailored for legal workplaces.
This course is a combination of a six-hour online (eLearning) component and 2 x 2.5-hour follow-up virtual training sessions that will teach you how to assist a co-worker who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Scroll down for course dates.The eLearning component of the program will cover:
- Developing mental health problems: Depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance use problems and eating disorders.
- Mental health crises: Suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attacks, traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe effects from alcohol or other drug use and aggressive behaviours.
Note: You must complete this e-learning component before attending the first virtual workshop.From the workshop’s component, you will:
- Learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health problems and crises in your employees and co-workers
- Understand risk factors and appropriate evidence-based treatments and supports
- Learn how to respond and offer appropriate support to employees and co-workers using the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan ALGEE
Feedback from our students
"Very insightful and very useful. Great that it was tailored to the legal profession as it made examples more relevant."
"I learnt quite a lot regarding mental health and providing first aid. It has been eye opening, and I feel a lot more confident in aiding someone experiencing a mental health crisis."
"The content was interesting and gave you very practical skills on how to help people suffering a mental health crisis."
"I think the course was interesting and very thorough."
"Excellent presenting!! Very clear, practical examples and tips, super knowledgeable, easy to ask questions."
"Enjoyable course and well explained. Thank you!"
"Very experienced and good rapport with students."
"Excellent sessions! Thank you for a very informative course."
If you are interested in providing training for your firm, contact us to coordinate everything from enrolment to completion. The course can be delivered on site in your offices or at our campuses in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney. For more information, please send your enquiry to CPD@collaw.edu.au
This initiative is proudly supported by: