PROP5 Financing Property Transactions
Virtually every property transaction involves a financing element. The ability to advise a client on the suitability of a financing structure and financing documentation is an essential skill for a lawyer wishing to provide a complete service to their clients in property transactions.
This subject takes you from the Letter of Offer to completion of the transaction, and explains each step in the process. Assessment in the subject is designed to equip you with immediately relevant and applicable skills.
Topics in this subject include:
- Finance and securities
- The letter of offer & structuring the transaction
- Land as security: mortgages
- The transaction documents
- Drafting the transaction documents
- Due diligence
- Negotiating the transaction documents
- Consumer lending
- Mezzanine lending and equity financing
- Default and remedies
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online