IHP111 Acting as a Company Secretary
The in-house lawyer is frequently tasked with a dual role as company secretary. Developing core governance competencies is an integral part of this role, particularly in the light of recent corporate collapses and inquiries which have highlighted the effects of poor corporate governance within organisations. Company secretaries need to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to discharge their duties effectively.
Topics in this subject include:
- Understanding the role of the company secretary
- Balancing the roles of the in-house lawyer and company secretary
- Managing the relationship with the board
- Applying corporate governance principles
- Understanding the accountability of company secretaries
- Managing company information
- Conducting meetings
- Not-for-profit and Government Organisations
- Acting as company secretary in not-for-profit organisations
- Assessing Performance
- Designing programs to induct and assess performance
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online