IHP102 Managing Disputes
This subject deals with the various ways in which the in-house lawyer may be called upon to represent the interests of the company or government in dispute management (including litigation) and in other contexts which require negotiation skills. The subject also examines some of the practicalities of managing both internal and external disputes, including inter-departmental co-ordination and enlisting the support of senior management.
Topics in this subject include
- Understanding dispute management
- Managing complaints effectively
- Identifying dispute management processes
- Managing electronic communication
- Managing information and documents
- Implementing document retention policies
- Maintaining legal professional privilege
- Legal Services Directions and managing FOI
- Managing external lawyers
- Managing interlocutory processes
- Managing the discovery process
- Quantifying claims
- Representing the client
- Dealing with negotiation and mediation
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online