FLP2 Property, Maintenance and Child Support
This subject deals with property and financial matters such as spousal maintenance, child support and superannuation splitting. It aims to provide a strong foundation for practising in this area of family law, assuming that you may already have a reasonable familiarity with the basic principles of the subject.
The subject covers the issues most commonly encountered by family law practitioners in everyday practice. A later advanced subject deals with topics which are less frequently encountered in practice.
Topics in this subject include:
- Conducting the four-steps of analysis in section 79 matters
- An overview of the ways of finalising a property settlement agreement, including drafting the various documents
- Taxation issues in property agreements and orders
- Superannuation splitting
- An introduction to child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Ethics in family property law matters
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.