CLP12 Insurance Disputes
This subject presents the background to insurance disputes, explains the regulatory environment, and identifies and analyses common issues.
The subject enables students to advise clients on strategy, risk, costs and success prospects.
Topics in this subject include:
- Regulatory environment for insurance
- The insurance contract and litigation
- Specific insurance issues and pleading insurance claims
- Conducting insurance litigation
- Litigation relating to agents and brokers
- Compliance and management of insurance by ASIC and APRA
- Common issues in insurance claims
- Preparing for and conducting insurance litigation
- Reinsurance arbitration
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online