BLP2 Competition and Consumer Law
This subject provides students with key areas of knowledge and skills in the area of competition and consumer law. The subject will examine the protection available under Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001.
Topics in this subject include:
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Unconscionable conduct
- Unfair contract terms
- Unfair sales techniques
- Consumer guarantees for goods and services and product safety
- Remedies: passing off
- Emerging issues in business law practice
Course offered in intake 1 2018, commencing 19 February 2018.
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.