There’s a lot happening in property law: the Contract for the sale and purchase of land 2017 edition, the Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2017, changes to the Foreign Resident Capital Gains Withholding Tax requirements; together with other major game-changers such as technology, increasing population density and climate change. There is a lot to get across!
Hear experienced property law practitioners explain the latest issues at an advanced level. Topics and speakers are:
- The Honourable Justice Brian J Preston SC, Chief Judge, Land & Environment Court of New South Wales Keynote Address: Proceedings before the land and Environment Court under the new Strata Schemes Development Act 2015
- Alex Ilkin SC, Alex Ilkin & Co The forced sale of Strata lots
- Tony Cahill, Legal Author and Commentator Using the Contract for Sale and Purchase of Land in late 2017
- Jennifer Harris, Special Counsel, Clayton Utz Nikki Robinson, National Group Practice Leader/Partner, Clayton Utz, and Greater Sydney Commission draft District Plans and the affordable housing challenge - Sydney cannot afford to get it wrong
- Judith Preston, Solicitor and Law Academic, Macquarie University and others Breellen Warry, Partner, Holding Redlich Smarter homes, smarter offices, smarter cities - How sustainability is shaping the legal property landscape
- Claire Martin, Solicitor, Kreisson Ethics in the age of electronic transactions - e-conveyancing and e-contracting
Speakers will cover complicated issues at an advanced level, giving you the chance to ask questions and network with other property lawyers.
View the full program and registration today!
Date: 14 November 2017
Where: The College of Law
Level 16, St James Centre
111 Elizabeth Street
Sydney NSW 2000