The Centre for Legal Innovation at the College of Law Presents Its Inaugural Diversity & Inclusion Event
Confident Leadership – Know it, do it, be it!
Are you a female legal professional ready to grow your leadership impact? Are you looking to make the next leadership step in your law firm, legal department or chambers? Are your female lawyers growing their leadership potential to build 21st century competitive advantage for your firm?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then this highly interactive, practical program is for you. In this one-day-only leadership skills course, you will build the confidence and capabilities to lead with impact and gain the clarity, guidance and support to propel you toward future success.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to spend a day with our experts and your peers to invest in your career and expand your network.
Places will be limited - don't miss out!
When: 11 April 2017 from 10am-4pm
Where: College of Law Victoria, 10th Level, 459 Little Collins Street, Melbourne
Cost: includes all materials, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks
Full Cost: $495.00
Alumni/Member Cost: $445.50
Faculty: Ida Abbott, Principal, Ida Abbott Consulting, USA and Jill Arkell, Executive Coach, AltusQ, Australia
Who should attend?
- Women leaders (solicitors, barristers, specialist professionals in legal administration and management) looking to fast track their careers
- Women lawyers in law firms, legal departments and chambers who aspire to become leaders
- Firm leaders looking to augment their diversity and inclusion programs
What will we cover?
- Setting the baseline - gain insights and clarity about your own ambitions
- Empowering yourself to lead – identify your core strengths and put them to work for you
- Taking control of your career - name your leadership goals and create a strategy for achieving them
- Gaining career advocates - build a network of advocates and supporters
- Creating impact and action - create your personal brand and develop your 100-day career action plan
Your Key Takeaways
- An opportunity to build connections and share experience with other women leaders in the legal community
- Define your leadership aspirations
- Create and plan how to implement your personal Leadership Plan
- Make strategic decisions that support and advance your career
- Understand the differences between leaders and managers and why that matters
- Develop your potential as a leader for “new normal” legal practice
- Identify and navigate gender politics
- Identify, understand and leverage your strengths as a leader
- Build relationships that matter with colleagues, your team and potential sponsors
- Use what you learn to become a mentor, sponsor and coach to others
- Know how to lead and manage difficult conversations and conflict
- Project authentic leadership, confidence and credibility as a trusted business advisor