You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Professional Development Programs and Short Courses, the Legal Practice Management Course, Centre for Legal Innovation programs and Post-graduate level non-award Short Courses.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all live College of Law short programs (CPD)*, the Legal Practice Management Course, Centre for Legal Innovation programs and the Post Graduate Short Courses (non-award subjects). For Terms and Conditions relating to our on-demand courses, please see here. Please note that access to on-demand courses purchased before 31 January 2023 will be for a minimum period of 6 months from date of purchase.
If enrolling online, by ticking the Terms and Conditions box you are agreeing to the following:
Cancellations and Refunds - Professional Development programs and Legal Practice Management courses
We understand that sometimes circumstances will prevent you from attending a live program you have paid to attend. Please note if you cancel up to 7 days prior to course commencement or prior to the specified deadline where applicable (Mental Health First Aid Legal Professionals, Mediation Training Program and Assessment) you are eligible for a full refund. A cancellation/transfer fee will apply for any further cancellations. The below cancellation fees will be deducted from the refund when you cancel, up to the day before the program.
No refunds are available the day of or after the program, or in the case of on-demand programs, once your COLPASS details and password have been sent. In the case of live courses conducted online, no refunds are available once the video conference meeting details and course materials have been supplied on the day preceding the course.
Refunds will only be credited to the original funding source or via other means as agreed by the College. Should you choose retaining credit with the College as an alternative, this credit will be made available for application within 12 months. If the credit is not applied within 12 months, the credit will expire and no longer be available for you to apply. Please note that any applicable cancellation/transfer fee will be deducted from the credit available.
Our pricing is on a per person basis and in the case of online courses, you are not permitted to purchase a single enrolment and share the video-conference details with others or broadcast the content to multiple people. The College reserves the right to remove or require payment from any unauthorised attendees. Please contact our Practitioner Education team in advance if you wish to enrol multiple people in a course. If someone other than the purchaser views the content and claims CPD points for completion, we will have no record of that in the event that the person is audited in relation to their CPD compliance.
The below cancellation fees will be deducted from the refund when you cancel (subject to the above), within 7 days (or the specified deadline where applicable) of a program. All fees below include GST, unless otherwise stated.
Withdraw from 1-2 hour program (face to face or conducted online)
Withdrawal from half day program (3-4 hours) (face to face or conducted online)
Withdrawal from Mental Health First Aid for Legal Professionals
Withdrawal from single day face to face programs, (face to face or conducted online)
Withdrawal from multiple day programs, courses ie Specialist Legal Conference, Notarial Practice. Please see below for conditions relating to the National Mediation Training Program and Assessment, Legal Practice Management Course and Notarial Practice)
Withdrawal from Legal Practice Management Course (excludes GST)
80% of seminar fee
$100 (+ postage if applicable)
National Mediation Assessment
80% of fee
Mental Health First Aid for Legal Professionals
- If you withdraw 5 days prior to commencement, a full refund of the enrolment fee will be available
- If you transfer or withdraw within 5 days of commencement, a fee of $100 will be applied.
- If you withdraw on the day of commencement you are not eligible for a refund. Should you choose retaining credit with the College as an alternative, this credit will be made available for application within 12 months. Please note the transfer/withdrawal fee of $100 will be deducted from the credit available.
- If you fail to complete the pre-learning component prior to attending the workshop, the College of Law may withdraw you from the workshop and apply the $100 withdrawal/transfer fee.
- If you activate the eLearning voucher issued to you but subsequently transfer to a future workshop, a fee of $100 will be applied if your eLearning access expires during the intervening period
National Mediation Training program and Assessment
- If you withdraw 10 days prior to commencement, a full refund of the enrolment fee will be available
- If you transfer or withdraw within 10 days of commencement, a fee of $400 will be applied.
- If you withdraw on the day of commencement you are not eligible for a refund. Should you choose retaining credit with the College as an alternative, this credit will be made available for application within 12 months. Please note the transfer/withdrawal fee of $400 will be deducted from the credit available.
Legal Practice Management Course
If you fail to complete the Legal Practice Management Course within 12 months of your original course start date, you will need to re-enrol and pay for the course in full before progression.
In addition to the above terms and conditions if you enrol in the Legal Practice Management Course you also agree to abide by the LPMC Program Manual.LPMC Program Manual NSW
LPMC Program Manual WA
LPMC Program Manual VIC
Queensland Entry Requirements
The QLS Practice Management Course (PMC) is open to all Australian lawyers. An Australian lawyer as defined by the Legal Professional Act 2007, is a person who is admitted to the legal profession under the Act or a corresponding law. By submitting your enrolment, you are declaring that you are an Australian lawyer and are not operating under any exclusion from undertaking PMC for 12 months, and are therefore eligible to attend the course.
Short Courses: Post graduate level non-award
- If you withdraw up to 7 days prior to commencement, a full refund of the enrolment fee will be available.
- If you withdraw within 7 days of commencement, a cancellation fee of $500 will be deducted from the credit available.
- If you withdraw up to end of week 3, a 50% refund will be available.
- If you withdraw after week 3 no refund will be available, but credit will be retained for 12 months to enable the completion of the course in a future intake.
Study load, delivery & assessments: The short course consist of online modules that include self-paced study, practical activities, online discussion forums and interactive Zoom sessions. We recommend that you allow up to 10 hours a week to this study.
Should you choose to undertake the assessments you will also need to devote a minimum of 45 hours throughout the course for the assessments and preparation. Completion of the assessment tasks for short course will be under the terms and conditions set out in the Postgraduate Program Manual.
Cancellation of programs
The College reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel seminars and programs, and to change speakers or revise content as required. We will endeavour to offer an alternative where possible; where not possible a full refund will be issued.
Change of details
If you need to update or correct your contact details, please contact our Practitioner Education Team.
The College collects personal information for registration purposes and distributing information in relation to upcoming seminars and activities, and in improving our services to you through research. If you require any changes to your registration details or you would like to be removed from future mailings, please contact us the Practitioner Education Team.
Call 02 9965 7111 or email email@example.com.
For further information, terms and conditions relating to Centre for Legal Innovation events please visit the Centre website here.