Data Collection Notice
College of Law Personal Information Collection Notice
Who is collecting your personal information?
The College of Law Limited (ACN 138 459 015) (we) is collecting your personal information.
How can you contact us?
You can contact us at email@example.com, phone: +61 2 9965 7000 or 2 Chandos Street, St Leonards NSW 2065, AUSTRALIA.
Are we required to collect your Personal Information?
We are required to collect Personal Information so we can report on:
- all students in award courses to the Commonwealth department and/or agency responsible for the standards and quality of tertiary education
- relevant students to the Commonwealth department responsible for tuition funding, social support payments and the Australian Taxation Office and the Attorney General’s Department
- for migration agent candidates, to the registration authority for migration agents, and
- for overseas students, to the Commonwealth departments responsible for issuing student visas and maintaining a register of institutes accredited to provided courses for overseas students. We also collect information about students which is in turn provided to State admitting authorities and law societies and in response to court orders or the issue of subpoenas.
For what purposes do we collect your Personal Information?
We are collecting your Personal Information so that we can:
- enrol you in the course you have selected, communicate with you regarding information associated with your attendance in that course and provide you with your certificate of completion and/or results in that course
- add you to our alumni community in order to seek your feedback, provide you with information, promote our courses and publications and provide you with other information and offers that may be of interest to you
- confirm completion of your course - only name, degree(s) conferred, and date(s) of completion will be disclosed (the name and award of each graduate may also be published online and in a College graduation booklet for your graduation ceremony, if applicable), and
What are the main consequences of us not collecting your Personal Information?
The main consequences of us not collecting your Personal Information are that we will not be able to:
- enrol you in the course you have selected, communicate with you regarding information associated with your attendance in that course or provide you with your certificate of completion and/or results in that course, or
- add you to our alumni community in order to seek your feedback, provide you with information, promote our courses and publications and provide you with other information and offers that may be of interest to you.
What persons and entities may we share your Personal Information with?
We may share your Personal Information with the following persons and entities:
- course lecturers and presenters involved with the course that you are enrolled in
- higher education regulatory bodies and government agencies as required by law
- the law society, the bar association of your State and/or the Supreme Court in your State if required to admit you to membership or practice
- potential employers and other third parties as authorised by you, and
- our related bodies corporate.
How can I access or correct my Personal Information?
Will my Personal Information be disclosed to an overseas recipient?
Your Personal Information may be held and processed overseas by the College or our service providers. The College has campuses located in Australia and New Zealand and has service providers in other countries including the United States who may have access to your information.
Who do I contact to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles?