Legal Practice Management New South Wales
Own you career.
Broaden your career opportunities and learn the business of running a law firm with our Legal Practice Management Course.
Only The College of Law offers a suite of courses tailored to the unique issues you will face in practice. We offer courses for:
- Sole practitioners
- Large firm Partners
- Corporate and government
- Community legal centres
View the LPMC Handbook for further details on each program.
The course provided me with a relevant and timely update on key areas that were critical to my day-to-day role.
How you will learn
Prepare yourself to get the most out of your three-day workshop by completing an online self-assessment. The self-assessment allows you to assess your current legal practice management skills and capabilities.
The three-day face-to-face workshop is usually held over Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The workshop is not only an opportunity for you to engage in practical exercises and tutorials with legal industry experts, it is also a great change to mix and connect with other legal professionals.
We want you to finish the course with the knowledge and skills to be a components and successful practice manager.
At the end of the workshop, you will have two weeks to undertake a self-paced online assessment so you can feel confident that you have developed the expertise to excel in the practice of law.
- Martine Barclay, Managing Director, Interconnected Development
- Joshua Box, Business Development and Marketing Director, Wotton + Kearney
- Stephen Burke, Practice Management Consultant, Stephen Burke Management
- Malcolm Campbell, Managing Partner, Dooley & Associates
- Trish Carroll, Principal, Galt Advisory Pty Ltd
- Andrew Chen, Principal, Crowe Horwath
- Glenn Dennett, Executive Coach and Lawyer
- Jennifer Duxbury, Senior Legal Manager and Policy Advisor
- Kevin Fox, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Ray Gould, Consultant
- Frances Moffitt, Professional Standards Department, Law Society of NSW
- Ronwyn North, Managing Director, Streeton Consulting
- Andrew Perry, Managing Director, legal.consult pty ltd
- Janice Purvis, Manager, Practice Support Services, Lawcover
- Jeffrey Roth, The College of Law
- Neil Watt, Neil Watt Consulting
If you want to remove Condition 3 from your practising certificate, or become a law practice principal, the NSW Law Society requires you to complete a Practice Management Course. The College’s Legal Practice Management Course is designed to meet these requirements.
The workshop will be held at:
The College of Law City
Level 16, St James Centre
111 Elizabeth Street Sydney
Alumni/Members price: $1,620 (Save 10% if you are a College alumni or NSW Law Society member)
Full price: $1,800
The Community Legal Sector course is discounted $300 with voucher.
You can claim up to 10 CPD units (excluding Substantive Law) in the areas of:
- Professional skills
- Practice management and business skills
- Ethics and professional responsibility