We use cookies to compile information about how our website is used and to improve the experience of our website visitors. You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.



What Is Fee-Help?

In Australia, the Commonwealth Government provides loans to eligible full fee paying students to assist with tuition fees.

The College is an approved Higher Education Provider (HEP) under the Higher Education Support Act 2003. Therefore, if you meet the Commonwealth’s FEE-HELP eligibility criteria, you can apply for a FEE-HELP loan.


 2021 FEE-HELP Information Booklet

How it Works

The Commonwealth Government will pay the amount of the loan to The College of Law on your behalf. You then repay the loan to the government either voluntarily or through the tax system. View more information about loan repayment.

For more information about FEE-HELP visit the StudyAssist website or call 1800 020 108.

How To Apply

You can apply for a FEE-HELP loan online when you apply to enrol for  an award program such as Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Master of Laws (Applied Law) or the Master of Legal Business. 

Has My FEE-HELP Request Been Successful?

If your request for FEE-HELP is successful we will send you:

  1. An invoice showing that your tuition fees have been allocated to FEE-HELP

If there are any issues with your FEE-HELP application we will contact you using the contact details provided.
Generally, if your request is unsuccessful, it will either be because:
  1. You completed your form incorrectly and need to submit a new form
  2. You do not meet the FEE-HELP eligibility criteria

Your Fee-Help Loan Limit

Your FEE-HELP limit is the total amount of FEE‑HELP you can use.

To monitor your student loans, you can log into the StudyAssist website at any time.

What Is A Census Date?

The census date is the last day that a FEE-HELP student may withdraw from the program without financial penalty.

If you are transferring or deferring, you still remain linked to the original census date and will incur a Commonwealth debt after that date. If you do not wish to acquire a Commonwealth debt you must withdraw and pay the early withdrawal fee before the original census date.

How to Repay a Fee-Help Loan

You can repay your FEE-HELP loan voluntarily or through compulsory payments via the tax system.

Visit the StudyAssist website to learn more about FEE-HELP loan repayments.