Online family law mediation and collaborative practice - On-demand
Course ID ID20013_FAM1
This on-demand material was recorded in August 2020
Collaborative practice is the practice of law without recourse to the court system. It is a dispute resolution process in which the parties and their lawyers enter into a contract (the “Participation Agreement”) to resolve a dispute without resorting to often costly and emotionally taxing litigation.
Collaborative practice and mediation for family matters have moved into an online environment during the pandemic. So how does this work? Join Fiona Kirkman, Principal, Kirkman Family Law and she will take you through:
- The benefits and challenges of online vs face-to-face dispute resolution
- How lawyers can prepare effectively for mediation and collaborative practice matters
- Tips for participating in mediating and collaborative practice matters remotely
- Legal tech tools to assist in the resolution of family law disputes in a post COVID-19 environment, including a brief introduction to FamilyProperty
Recent attendee testimonials:
- “All excellent presenters”
- “The format was very good and it was easier to participate than having to attend a venue”
- “Very knowledgeable presenters”
- “Well prepared, good topics, good engagement”
At the end of this on-demand course, you will earn 1 CPD points. Please consult the CPD rules for your state to ascertain how many CPD points you can claim for private study of audio/visual material during the CPD year.
Full Price $99.00
Alumni/Member Price $89.10
01 September 2020
30 June 2021
About This Course
Fiona is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law, a Nationally Accredited Mediator, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and Collaborative Practice Divorce Coach. Fiona runs her own family mediation practice, Kirkman Family Law, which is focused on resolution without court. In addition, Fiona is the founder of the product FamilyProperty (an innovative family law product that offers a better way to manage family financial matters online and collaboratively) and LawSwitch (a chatbot, document automation and booking page product for law firms).