Mastering testamentary trusts
Course ID CN200316_WEP1
Do you need to fine tune your skills when navigating the issues surrounding GST, capital gains tax and stamp duty?
Are you looking to build on your understanding of common testamentary trusts so you are able to provide the precise and accurate advice to your clients?
Take your knowledge to the next level and master the skills and risks when drafting and preparing testamentary trusts.
At the end of this course you will:
- Receive an overview of the types of testamentary trusts and when to use them
- Build on your skillset to understand tax advantages or tax traps
- Fine-tune your knowledge on asset protection features for different testamentary trusts
- Master trustee duties and powers and the rights of beneficiaries
- Attain critical knowledge to draft and prepare testamentary trusts
Robert Monahan, Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates Law, Monahan Estate Planning
Full Price $420.00
Alumni/Member Price $378.00
12 March 2020
12 March 2020
8.45am - 1.00pm
The College of Law,
Level 16, 111 Elizabeth Street,
Sydney, NSW 2000
About This Course
9.00am: Testamentary trusts and taxation
- Tax traps
- The issues surrounding GST, capital gains and stamp duty
- Testamentary trusts and asset protection
- Protect beneficiaries for themselves
- Protect beneficiaries from claims by creditors or estranged spouses
- Maintain capital for more than one generation of beneficiaries
10.00am: Complexity vs knowledge and approval
- Drafting issues
- Superannuation issues
- Issues around family trusts and other structures used by clients
11.00am: Afternoon Tea and Networking Opportunity
11.15am: Case Study and drafting testamentary trusts
- Factual scenario
- Matters to consider
- Practical drafting exercises
This course is ideal for solicitors in general practice, advanced practitioners looking to upskill, probate lawyers, family law practitioners, financial planners, accountants and more.
This course complies with the mandatory requirement of professional skills and substantive law
After many years in private partnership and corporate legal environments, in 2014 Robert established Monahan Estate Planning, a boutique practice where Robert and his daughter Julia specialise in Estate Planning, and Wills & Estate Law generally. Robert consults with accountants, financial advisors and other lawyers to deliver estate planning services to their clients - see www.MonahanEstatePlanning.com.au
Since 1998 Robert has been a Law Society Accredited Specialist in the area of Wills and Estate Law. Robert is the General Editor of the Lexis Nexis Estate Planning Service, a regular contributor to the Retirement & Estate Planning Bulletin, and an author of a number of other publications dealing with Estate Planning.
Filming and Photography
Please be aware that video/audio recording may occur at professional development events organised by the College of Law for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By attending and participating in a College of Law Continuing Professional Development course, you consent to the College of Law photographing or recording and using your image and likeness.