You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
WA | Full-time | Workshops: 5 days spaced - Online
Course ID WP2313F_1_S
Launch your legal career. Study online for 15 weeks with the full support of industry pros and career coaches.
Participate in live online workshops on 31 July - 2 August, 24 August, and 6 October.
Domestic Students $10,150
International Students $14,650
24 July 2023
22 August 2023
31 July 2023
10 November 2023
Attend online workshops on three days during Week 1, one day during Week 7, and one day during Week 20.
We'll provide you with a timetable and attendance is compulsory and recorded.
Please bring your own device to the workshops.Learn more
This is a full-time program that requires you to devote 30-35 hours per week during the coursework.
If you're looking for the quickest path to admission, this program is perfect for you. However, we recommend against it for students who are working full-time.
The Practical Legal Training program is undertaken in three components:
- Work Experience
Continuing Professional Education
Complete all three components to receive your Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and be admitted as an Australian lawyer.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (received your final results), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent, and
- Be able to provide proof of completion of your law degree by the course start date (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
In Western Australia, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
If you would like to start your Practical Legal Training early, you will need to seek approval from the Legal Practice Board Western Australia (LPABWA.) Please visit the Legal Profession Admission Board website for further information.
You will have to provide evidence of your law qualification or early commencement letter from the admitting authority before the Practical Legal Training course start date to commence enrolment.
How to Apply
- A copy of your Academic Transcript (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
- A current colour photo of your face
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Terms and Conditions
- This program is subject to minimum numbers. The College of Law reserves the right to cancel the program where the level of enrolments does not reach the minimum numbers required to operate the program viably.
- Attendance at all workshops is compulsory. If you miss one or more of the workshops you may be required to withdraw and enrol into a later course.
- Spaced workshops may not be available for enrolment or transfer after October 2023. In the event that spaced workshops do not continue, you will be invited to enrol/transfer into one of our other course offerings.
- All relevant rules in the PLT Manual will apply.