Practical Legal Training program: Part-time - Online NT
Course ID TP1902P_1
The College of Law’s Practical Legal Training is the leading program in Australia for law graduates preparing for admission to practice.
This option involves an initial 5 days of attendance at Charles Darwin University followed by 29 weeks of online interactive learning, with the support of a dedicated lecturer.
Completion of this program leads to the award of the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (GDLP).
Domestic Students $9,450
International Students $13,640
10 July 2019
27 August 2019
15 July 2019
14 February 2020
Charles Darwin University
Darwin Waterfront campus
About This Course
The College of Law's Practical Legal Training Program leading to the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice is the most popular way to prepare for admission to practice for Australian law graduates.
Why do so many graduates choose this program?
• You’ll be more ‘practice-ready’
• You’ll study how and when you want
• You’ll be more attractive to employers
• You’ll get more support and guidance
• You’ll enjoy benefits to last a lifetime.
The Practical Legal Training program is undertaken in three components -
- Work Experience
- Continuing Professional Education
This option is the full-time online option.
Students undertaking this option will need to devote 30 – 35 hours per week during the coursework component of the program. This option suits students who are looking for the quickest path to admission.
We recommend that students working full-time do not undertake the full-time option.
You will only be required on campus for the first five days of the program. If you have completed any of the subjects on our approved list you will not need to attend the Friday.
The remainder of your coursework, including assessments, will be delivered online.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (completed your final exam), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent
In Northern Territory, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
If you would like to start your Practical Legal Training early, you will need to seek approval from the The Law Society Northern Territoy. Please contact The Law Society Northern Territory on 08 8981 5104 for further information.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Apply Online button above.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
- After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are planning to undertake the Clinical Experience Module (CEM) as part of the Short Format Option, you will be asked to indicate your interest when completing the application form. We will contact you during the coursework component of the program to confirm your intention to enrol in the CEM.