Practical Legal Training program: Part-time - Evening - WA
Course ID WP1901E_1
The College of Law’s Practical Legal Training is the leading program in Australia for law graduates preparing for admission to practice.
This option involves 1 – 2 evening attendances per week over 30 weeks in conjunction with online interactive learning, with the support of a dedicated lecturer.
Domestic Students $9,450
International Students $10,800
23 January 2019
12 March 2019
28 January 2019
23 August 2019
The College of Law Western Australia
Ground Floor, Durack Centre
263 Adelaide Terrace
Perth WA 6000
About This Course
The College of Law's Practical Legal Training Program leading to the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice is the most popular way to prepare for admission to practice for Australian law graduates.
Why do so many graduates choose this program?
• You’ll be more ‘practice-ready’
• You’ll study how and when you want
• You’ll be more attractive to employers
• You’ll get more support and guidance
• You’ll enjoy benefits to last a lifetime.
The Practical Legal Training program is undertaken in three components -
- Work Experience
- Continuing Professional Education
This option is the part-time evening online option.
Students undertaking this option will need to devote at least 15 -20 hours per week during the coursework component of the program.
This option suits students who are working/have other commitments and are looking to balance this with evening study.
You will be required on campus for 1 – 2 evening classes per week over 30 weeks. If you have completed any of the subjects on our approved list you will not need to attend 1 of the workshops.
The remainder of your coursework, including assessments, will be delivered online.
To enrol in this program you will need to:
- Be a graduate in law or have qualified to graduate in law (received your final results), and
- Your law qualification is Australian or equivalent, and
- Be able to provide proof of completion of your law degree by the Practical Legal Training course census date (unofficial transcript or completion letter is sufficient)
In Western Australia, it may be possible to start earlier if you have completed all Priestley 11 core subjects of your law degree and have no more than two electives remaining in your law degree, double degree or equivalent qualification.
If you would like to start your Practical Legal Training early, you will need to seek approval from the Legal Practice Board Western Australia (LPABWA.) Please visit the Legal Profession Admission Board website for further information.
How to Apply
You can apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Apply Online button above.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are planning to undertake the Clinical Experience Module (CEM) as part of the Short Format Option, you will be asked to indicate your interest when completing the application form. We will contact you during the coursework component of the program to confirm your intention to enrol in the CEM.