You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
Legal Practice Management – Sole Practitioners and Partners
Course ID PN211001_SOL1
Due to COVID-19 this Legal Practice Management Course will be conducted entirely online.
If you have any questions, please contact our Client Services team on Tel 02 9965 7111 or 1300 506 402 or email email@example.com
Making the transition from solicitor to principal or partner of a law practice requires greater skills and understanding of the business of managing a legal practice.
Our Legal Practice Management Course (LPMC) is designed to provide you with everything you need and meets the Law Society requirements for removing condition 3 from your practising certificate.
During this course you will:
- learn the challenges and pitfalls of running your own practice
- understand the financial mechanics of your practice
- develop a detailed business plan, a blueprint for your practice
- apply professional responsibility and ethical practice requirements
- manage legal practice risk and avoid negligence
- learn marketing and business development strategies
- incorporate practice management systems and new technologies
- implement effective people management techniques
- learn about trust accounts and Lawcover
- understand how to better manage and supervise staff
- understand stress and how to balance personal and professional objectives
Workshop Details: these workshops will be delivered via video conferencing on:
- Monday 11 October 2021 – 8.45am AEDT to 5.15pm AEDT
- Wednesday 13 October 2021 – 9am AEDT to 5.15pm AEDT
- Friday 15 October 2021 – 9am AEDT to 5.15pm AEDT
Please note that:
- there will regular breaks in the program including at least 90 minutes for lunch each day; and
- the end time of 5.15pm is approximate, some sessions may end earlier.
All components of the course, as set forth below, must be undertaken for satisfactory completion. The Law Society of NSW is notified of satisfactory completion, approximately 4 weeks after the workshop.
Please read below for course requirements.
Full Price $1800.00
Alumni/Member Price $1620.00
11 October 2021
15 October 2021
- business planning and development
- work and people management
- financial management and profitability
- financing your practice – taxation strategies
- ethics and professional responsibility
- trust money and trust records
- setting up the trust account
- trust account pitfalls and problems
- Lawcover and risk management
- practice management systems
- managing technology and innovation
- stress management
All three components must be undertaken for satisfactory completion. The Law Society of NSW is notified of satisfactory completion approximately 4 weeks after workshop.
|Pre workshop online interactive activities||Preliminary participation||Online, short answer and multiple choice quizzes (self test) plus trust accounting software activity|
|Attendance and participation||Workshop||A series of online workshops held over three days - attendance and satisfactory participation|
|Assessment||Online post workshop assessment||Short answer questions - 50% pass mark in each section|
This course has been specifically designed for legal practitioners who want to practice as a Sole Practitioner, Partner or to manage a legal practice.
The program covers the mandatory requirements of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Practice Management and Business Skills and Professional Skills.
Filming and Photography
Live attendance at the online workshop sessions is mandatory for this course. Workshop sessions may be recorded for later viewing by those who are unable to participate in the live-streamed sessions due to extenuating and/or urgent circumstances. The focus of the recordings will be on the presenter, but you may incidentally appear. These recordings will only be shared with students enrolled in this specific course. The recordings will not be made available commercially or publicly, nor will they be used for marketing or publicity purposes.