Update on Swimming Pools Act in New South Wales
Course ID ID18038_PRO
Practitioners will obtain an update on the changes to the Swimming Pools Act 1992 (NSW) and gain an understanding of the effect of these changes on property transactions.
Full Price $240.00
Alumni/Member Price $216.00
01 April 2018
31 March 2019
About This Course
This online seminar covers:
- Key concepts from the Act and Regulations – what is a swimming pool, what are statutory obligations on swimming pool owners
- Registration and certification – the Swimming Pools Register, how to register a pool, different certificates prescribed by the Act, obtaining pool certification
- Effect on property transactions – sale of land where a pool is included, residential tenancies and swimming pools
- Moving forward under the new regime – marketing properties for sale, consequences of non-compliance, swimming pools in strata and community schemes
This seminar complies with the mandatory requirements of Substantive Law.
Kate Angus is a solicitor at Speirs Ryan, specialising in transactional real estate, national leasing and licensing, and property-centric disputes and litigation.
Kate works closely with several listed and unlisted corporates to provide sophisticated property advice, including:
- Investec Property Limited
- Lend Lease Property Management Australia Pty Limited
- Australian Unity Investments
- SCA Property Group
- The Precision Group of Companies
She advises on the acquisition and disposal of commercial, industrial and retail assets, provides advice on construction contracts and subcontracts, and is responsible for the drafting and negotiation of Australia-wide retail leases and licences. Kate also acts for selected clients in their property-specific disputes and litigation.
Please check the technical requirements for accessing this online seminar contained here.
Once registered we will send you the access information you will need to log on to our Learning Portal from where you will be able to view the seminar.