The interaction between property lawyers and the LPI
Course ID ID16044_PRO
This seminar covers the expectations that Land and Property Information have of property lawyers. Learn how to make your dealings with LPI more efficient and effective. Hear from Gavin Bartier, the LPI Director of Conveyancing, Property and Litigation.
Prior to purchase please see the information below for system requirements.
College of Law Alumni and Law Society Members receive a 10% discount on the price.
Full Price $120.00
Alumni/Member Price $108.00
01 April 2016
30 June 2017
About This Course
- The LPI and requisitions
- Calls to LPI from settlement seeking assurances
- LPI’s preferred way of doing things
- How to communicate with LPI, including personal attendances with relevant documents/dealings and plans
- The best way to manage litigation matters
- Administrative Claims: Read the form and treat as if the submission was to be given to the Court
- The information that can be obtained through RG Directions and the LPI website
- When to contact the RG if you are seeking the RG to exercise a discretion
- Preparing section 88B instruments
- Responding to requisitions and the ability to waive
This seminar complies with the mandatory requirement of either Professional Skills, Practice Management and Business Skills or Substantive Law.
Gavin Bartier has over 30 years’ experience with Land and Property Information NSW and is currently the Director of Conveyancing, Property and Litigation Branch as well as the Solicitor on the record for the Registrar General of NSW. Gavin has extensive litigation and mediation experience in the Supreme Court and Land & Environment Court representing the Registrar General on a wide range of matters including boundary determinations, omission of easements and fraud related issues.
Please check the technical requirements for accessing this online seminar contained here.
Once registered we will send you the access information you will need to log on to our Learning Portal from where you will be able to view the seminar.