Retail and commercial leasing online seminar
Course ID WN210307_PRO1
In this practical two-hour online introductory workshop, expert facilitator Anthony Herro, Principal, Herro Solicitors will share his insights, strategies and essential knowledge in order to build the foundation of your leasing practice.
By attending this workshop, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the legal perspectives of both the owner and tenant
- Understand how to interpret leases and the impact of drafting
- Receive knowledge on significant leasing reforms, development and trends
- Learn of the recent regulatory changes from COVID-19
Anthony Herro, Principal, Herro Solicitors
Feedback from past attendees:
- “Anthony Herro was a great presenter – knowledgeable but also friendly and easy to understand.”
- “Excellent delivery by Anthony Herro. Very relevant issues covered. Well done.”
- “Good stuff Anthony”
- “Great content and delivery. Very worthwhile attending.”
- “Although I am quite familiar with this field, Mr Hero made it interesting and fresh.”
At the end of this online seminar, you will earn 2 CPD points.
Scroll down for the full program
The time listed for this course is Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDT). Please take note of any time differences if you are registering from QLD, WA, SA, NT or from outside Australia.
Full Price $198.00
Alumni/Member Price $178.20
03 March 2021
03 March 2021
9.00am AEDT - 11.15am
About This Course
9.05am: Essential steps when acting for landlords and tenants
- Heads of agreement
- Key commercial terms
- Does the Retail Leases Act apply?
- Checklist – Retail Leases Act
10.05am: Stretch break
10.15am: Critical lease issues
- Incentives, options, market review, refurbishment
- Demolition, relocation, disclosure statements requirements
- Agreements for lease and conditions precedent
- Trading hours, personal guarantees, turnover rent, mortgagee consent, market rent reviews
- Cost of consent, assignment provisions, releases and indemnities, breach, notices, permitted use
- Entire agreement clauses, category one costs
This live webinar is ideal for solicitors in general practice, commercial property lawyers, conveyancing specialists, senior executives of financial and property corporations, in-house counsel, lease administrators, lease managers and more
This webinar is produced in NSW and features a NSW-based practitioner. The webinar is available to all NSW based practitioners.
Claiming CPD units
The program covers the mandatory requirement of substantive law.
Anthony is one of Sydney’s leading retail lease lawyers. He acts for clients in drafting, advising and negotiating leases and in resolving lease disputes. He possesses an in-depth knowledge of Retail Leases Legislation (including the Retail Leases Act) and in property law in relation to leases. He has extensive experience in all aspects of retail and commercial leasing- including complex lease negotiations and resolution of lease disputes. His articles have been published in the New South Wales Law Society Journal and on international Law Society websites.
Anthony is appointed by parties under expert dispute resolution clauses in leases to act as an expert to determine retail lease disputes. Anthony’s advice is sought by Government Ministers and Government bodies to advise on proposed amendments to retail lease legislation. Anthony actively contributes and appears at Government enquiries on retail leasing.
Filming and Photography
Please be aware that this webinar organised by the College of Law may be recorded for use on our websites, marketing materials and publications. By attending and participating in a College of Law Continuing Professional Development course, you consent to the College of Law photographing or recording and using your image and likeness and/or voice.