Media Training for Lawyers
Course ID CV201102_PSK1
There are many opportunities for lawyers to engage with the media:
- To raise profile
- To promote your business
- To showcase your expertise
However, how do you do this effectively without getting yourself into hot water?
Karina Okotel, Lecturer from College of Law will lead an interactive workshop, which will give you the confidence to not only engage with the media, but to make an impact.
All times listed for this course are Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Please take note of any time differences if you are registering from QLD, WA, SA, NT or from outside Australia.
Full Price $140.00
25 November 2020
25 November 2020
12:30 PM AEDT - 2:30 PM
About This Course
- How to know when to engage with the media and when not to
- Preparation, preparation, preparation
- How to handle a panel discussion when you don’t have expertise in everything
- Fielding difficult questions as a lawyer
- How to write an effective opinion piece
- How to get yourself published
- Lawyers who have high profile cases (eg class actions, murder trials, celebrity clients).
- Lawyers who represent firms or organisations.
- Media and communications staff of firms and legal organisations.
This course complies with the mandatory requirement of professional skills and practice management.
Karina Okotel is a lecturer at the College of Law
Karina has appeared on Q&A, The Drum, Friday Fix, National Press Club, 7:30 Report, 4 Corners, ABC Radio and is a regular Sky News contributor. She has also published opinion pieces in The Australian, The Age, Sydney Morning Herald, 10Play and The Spectator Australia.
Filming and Photography
Please be aware that video/audio recording may occur at professional development events organised by the College of Law for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By attending and participating in a College of Law Continuing Professional Development course, you consent to the College of Law photographing or recording and using your image and likeness.