Ethics and professional responsibility: property, e-technology and ethics
Course ID IO16034_MAN
This unit deals with e-technology as centrally involved with property transactions in light of the progressive implementation of e-conveyancing. It explains the central role of the Property Exchange Australia Ltd, the staged release of the e-conveyancing framework under the National Electronic Conveyancing and the innovations of client authorisations through the verification of identity strategy. This unit will then consider professional ethical obligations and responsibilities as applied to property transactions in light of the ASCR 2013.
Prior to purchase please see the information below for system requirements.
College of Law Alumni and Law Society Members receive a 10% discount on the price.
Full Price $120.00
Alumni/Member Price $108.00
01 April 2016
30 June 2017
About This Course
This unit will:
- describe the impact of e-conveyancing on sale and purchase of land transactions
- explain the technological developments in property law transactions
- enhance your appreciation of the application of technological developments in real estate transactions
- refresh your engagement with important ethical considerations as they apply to the practice of property law and property transactions, and
- provide you with the opportunity to reflect upon the ethical challenges that arise as a result of developments in technology.
The following topics will be covered by this unit.
Topic 1: E-technology issues in property transactions
E-Conveyancing: an overview
Verification of identity in e-conveyancing
Topic 2: ASCR 2013 and ethical values in facilitating property transactions
Implications of the Australian Solicitors Conduct Rules 2013
Applying ethical values in property transactions
This seminar complies with your mandatory requirement for Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
This is an interactive online program undertaken through the College’s Learning Portal.
Please check the technical requirements for accessing this interactive online seminar contained here.
Once registered we will send you the access information you will need to log on to our Learning Portal from where you will be able to start your program.