You can review and update your cookie setting by clicking "Manage cookies preferences". For more information about the cookies we use, please read our
Cookies and Electronic Marketing Policy.
Essential guide to wills and estates practice (SA) - On-demand bundle
Course ID ID22070_WEP1
8 hours of self-paced and interactive learning - Access any time for 12 months from purchase.
Build, test and enhance your practice knowledge and skills across Wills and Estates through four essential and practical modules:
1 - Drafting wills practice guide (2 hours)
You will understand the requirements of a valid will, how to take instructions, explain the legal issues, drafting practice, and execution.
2 - Step-by-step guide to probate (2 hours)
You will explore taking instructions and advising clients, commencing proceedings, drafting the executor’s affidavit, and filing the application.
3 - Step-by step guide to administration of estates (2 hours)
Learn the process and the role of the personal representative, collating the documents, advising the client, the administration of assets, and distribution to beneficiaries.
4 - Step-by-step guide to powers of attorney (2 hours)
Learn key terms and principles, interviewing the client, formal requirements, rights and responsibilities, advising on an enduring POA and drafting.
Why choose this on-demand essential guide?
- It is designed to be practical: Each module includes practical interactive activities so you can fully engage with the content, test your knowledge and practice your skills.
- It is a learning resource: It is not just a one-off webinar. It’s a comprehensive online learning program with downloadable resources you can work through and revisit when you need them over 12 months.
- It is convenient: Access our learning portal anywhere and anytime ,pick up where you left off.
- You can earn CPD points: You can claim up to 8 CPD points for completion of a multimedia and web-based program, subject to your local CPD rules.
Practitioners holding WA practising certificates are not currently eligible to claim CPD points for this product.
Full Price $549.00
Alumni/Member Price $494.10
Who will benefit?
Who will benefit?
- Lawyers looking to build practical foundational knowledge and skills
- Mid-career lawyers looking to move into wills and estates practice or who do occasional work in this area
- Senior lawyers looking to confirm and test their knowledge
- Paralegals, clerks and administrative staff looking to upskill
The Individual module full price is $198/course. The bundled price for all four is $549 – A $243 savingAccess the individual modules here:
- Drafting wills practice guide
- Step-by-step guide to probate
- Step-by step guide to administration of estates
Claiming CPD Units
If you intend to claim CPD units for this educational activity, please note that CPD activities are not accredited by the Law Society of South Australia. If this educational activity extends your knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant to your practice needs or professional development, then you should claim one (1) "unit” for each hour of participation, breaks not included. The annual requirement is ten (10) CPD units each year from 1 April to 31 March. Some practitioners, such as accredited specialists are required to complete more than ten (10) units each CPD year. This course is an interactive online program.
The course contains content that falls within the mandatory CPD categories of:
- Professional skills
- Substantive law