Business development - tactics and strategies to connect and attract clients
Course ID WA210308_BUS1
Whether you want to expand your client base of your solo practice or grow a larger firm, you need to nail down the foundations of business development.
Some of the most useful tactics that law firm principals and partners should focus on as part of business development efforts include training, networking, branding and marketing. By making just a few strategic changes, you could dramatically improve your marketing and business development functions and success.
At the end of this live webinar you will:
- Learn about the rules for business development 1 year into COVID and using this opportunity to re-structure
- Learn tactics to create impact and presence through your online brand and marketable services
- Develop an online strategy to improve your firm’s visibility and convert website viewers to clients
- Learn the tools to build your law firm brand in an online environment or people to people and;
- Hear case studies of what other firms did and how they grew their business
The speakers are:
- Ursula Hogben, General Counsel & Corporate Secretarial Services, Co-Founder and Board Advisor to LegalVision
- Sue-ella Prodonovich, Principal, Prodonovich Advisory
- Emily Kuculakic, Founder and Managing Director, Brand New You
- Suellen Hughes, Managing Director and Founder, Amica Digital
At the end of this live webinar, you will earn 3.5 CPD points.
The time listed for this course is Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDT). Please take note of any time differences if you are registering from QLD, WA, SA, NT or from outside Australia.
Full Price $346.50
Alumni/Member Price $311.85
25 March 2021
25 March 2021
1.00pm AEDT - 5.00pm
About This Course
1.05pm: The rules for business development 1 year into COVID-19 Speaker: Sue-ella Prodonovich, Principal, Prodonovich Advisory
- Have a framework to use when considering marketing, business development and client engagement tactics
- Have a process to amplify referrals and recommendations
2.00pm: Stretch break
2.05pm: Building your firm through effective branding Speaker: Emily Kuculakic, Founder and Managing Director, Brand New You
- Adopting a “people buy from people” business development model
- Your people are your brand and your product. So how do you go about developing your brand?
- What do you need to think about when creating an online presence?
- Tips and tricks to help build your business and its brand with your people as the foundation
3.00pm: Stretch break
3.05pm: Developing your online strategy including website and marketing, how to brief and what to ask for Speaker: Suellen Hughes, Managing Director and Founder, Amica Digital
- Website design to showcase your brand and areas of law
- Website design and development to be found online, including SEO
- Websites user experience, including converting browsers to clients
- Briefing your website designer and developer
4.00pm: Stretch break
4.05pm: Putting it into practice: legal service businesses – how they grew and what they did Speaker: Ursula Hogben, General Counsel & Corporate Secretarial Services, Co-Founder and Board Advisor to LegalVision
- Scaling an online legal services business
- Case study for self-funded, moderate-growth legal services business
- Case study for a venture-capital backed, fast-growth legal services business
This webinar is ideal for all practitioners nationally who are interested in developing their practical business, leadership and strategy skills. Or those responsible for business development, business growth, strategic planning or managing a legal practice.
This webinar is produced in NSW and features practitioners based in NSW and QLD. This webinar is available to practitioners from all Australian jurisdictions.
Claiming CPD units
The program covers the mandatory requirement of Practice Management.
Ursula is a corporate lawyer and director with capital raising and transaction expertise in Australia, Asia and the United States. Ursula has over 20 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer. Ursula advised Boards and management on capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law and governance as a Senior Lawyer at Baker McKenzie and a Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Ursula co-founded LegalVision technology-driven law firm which grew to over 140 team members, assisted over 10,000 clients and raised several rounds of capital, in the first 5 years. LegalVision won awards for innovation, client service, business development, diversity, and the fastest-growing law firm in Asia-Pacific.
Ursula is now a non-executive director, provides General Counsel & Company Secretary services, and has co-founded a sustainability and renewable energy enterprise. Ursula has a Bachelor of Science, a Bachelor of Law and a Masters of Law and Management.
Sue-ella Prodonovich, Principal, Prodonovich Advisory
Sue-Ella Prodonovich is one of Australia’s leading specialists in business development for the professional services and business-to-business sectors. Her clients include some of the country’s - and the world’s - best law, accounting, IT, engineering and architecture firms.
Sue-Ella has more than 20 years senior level experience winning work and growing businesses in these complex industries. Over that time, she has given countless professionals the tools they need to attract and retain clients and build more profitable, more sustainable and more enjoyable practices.
Emily Kucukalic Founder and Managing Director, Brand New You
Emily Kucukalic is the Managing Director of the Brand New You Group, which she founded in 2009. For a decade now, Emily has built a reputation as an entertaining and insightful speaker on personal branding, building personal presence and business development. Emily holds a Bachelor of Commerce with Honours in Marketing from the University of Western Australia. She is currently a member of the NSW Premier’s Register for Boards and Committees. Prior to founding Brand New You, Emily was the Group Head of Brand and External Relations at AGL Energy and a member of the Executive Team. Before joining AGL, she was the Director of Marketing and Communications for EDS across Asia Pacific including Japan, China and India.
Suellen Hughes Managing Director and Founder, Amica Digital
Suellen Hughes, Managing Director and Founder of Amica Digital, a boutique Digital Marketing Agency enabling its clients to reach more people and have a greater influence.
Filming and Photography
Please be aware that this webinar organised by the College of Law may be recorded for use on our websites, marketing materials and publications. By attending and participating in a College of Law Continuing Professional Development course, you consent to the College of Law photographing or recording and using your image and likeness and/or voice.