Accounting and valuation issues in family law matters
Course ID CN170220_FAM1
In this one-hour webinar presentation, hear from forensic accounting expert Chris Katehos, as he explains the fundamentals of accounting and valuation issues in family law matters.
Prior to purchase please see the information below for system requirements.
College of Law Alumni and Law Society Members receive a 10% discount on the price.
Full Price $120.00
Alumni/Member Price $108.00
5pm - 6pm AEDST
About This Course
In this webinar, Chris will focus on:
Getting the framework right is crucial.
Areas covered include:
- What is to be valued? Is it the business? Or is it the Company? Is there a difference?
- When is the valuation date? Does this make a difference?
- What information is Required?
- Getting the facts right – What if there are 2 sets of “facts”?
- Valuation Methodologies – Which is the best method?
- Income Approaches
- Net Asset Approach
- Rules of Thumb
Weird and Wonderful Valuations
Chris will share some insights and experiences when undertaking valuations.
- Is Price the Same as Value?
- How is the business trading?
- Has the financial information been manipulated? – What to look out for. How does this impact on the valuation?
- Can past results be used to predict future performance?
- How much does the family take out of the business?
- The Angry Spouse
- The Single Expert compared to the Shadow Expert
This webinar complies with the mandatory area of Substantive Law.
Director, Furzer Crestani Forensic Chartered Accountants
Chris heads the forensic accounting division and has been engaged in a broad range of assignments dealing with Commercial Litigation, Valuations, Financial Investigations, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence and Industrial Relations.
Chris has extensive experience in briefings with solicitors and barristers and provision of expert witness testimony.
Chris has developed and presented many seminars covering a variety of topics to the legal profession.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- Chartered Accountant (Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting at the University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance (Business Valuation Specialisation) through KAPLAN
- Registered tax agent
Attending a College webinar is an easy and convenient way for you to increase your knowledge, learn from experts and gain CPD units. It is just like attending a seminar except you don’t leave your office or home.
Once you have registered, we will send you all the information you need to join the webinar. All you need is a computer and telephone. Just follow the link and instructions to join the webinar and dial into the teleconference.
During the webinar, the presenter will present on the topic, similar to in a seminar. You can ask questions by typing in the box provided. Each webinar has lots of time allocated to answering questions so there is plenty of opportunity to interact and engage.
All you need for a webinar is a computer/device and telephone. You logon to the webinar and listen through a teleconference. If you are in an open plan office, you may like to listen through earphones. There is no need to download any additional software. It is really as simple as following a link to join.