2017 Estate planning update
Course ID CN170317_WEP1
In this webinar presentation, hear from leading SMSF Advisor and Lawyer, Nathan Yii as he discusses recent developments in the area of estate planning.
Prior to purchase please see the information below for system requirements.
College of Law Alumni and Law Society Members receive a 10% discount on the price.
Full Price $240.00
Alumni/Member Price $216.00
13 March 2017
13 March 2017
12.30pm - 2.30pm AEDST
About This Course
This two-hour webinar will focus on:
- The estate planning process: what do you as the lawyer need to know?
- Overview of testamentary trusts and the different types
- Advantages of testamentary trusts
- When to use testamentary trusts
- Estate planning with other structures including family trusts and SMSFs
- New superannuation rules and the $1.6m pension account balance limit
This webinar complies with the mandatory area of Substantive Law.
Principal, Nathan Yii Lawyers
Nathan Yii is the Principal Lawyer and an accredited SMSF Specialist Advisor of the Melbourne based legal practice, Nathan Yii Lawyers – Structuring & Estate Planning Law. He is a leading structuring and estate planning lawyer, having a formidable reputation in Australia as a legal practitioner, university lecturer and presenter. He provides legal advice and services to accountants, financial advisors, legal practitioners and their clients in the areas of structuring and estate planning. In particular, Nathan's main areas of practice involve:
- The use of trusts, SMSFs and other structures
- Small Business CGT Concessions and Division 7A management
- Complex estate and succession planning involving trusts, SMSFs and private companies
- SMSF compliance and transactions including those involving limited recourse borrowing arrangements
- Structuring of property developments
- Asset protection (creditor risk, family law risk and family provision risk)
Nathan understands his clients’ needs. He works with them and their advisors to ensure that the complex tax, duty, family and estate laws that govern these areas are distilled down to a form that can be readily understood and applied to their advantage.
Nathan is a regular presenter for practitioner discussion groups and professional education providers in his areas of interest and expertise including Television Education Network and the Law Institute of Victoria. He is also an adjunct lecturer in the Master of Laws program at the College of Law.
Attending a College webinar is an easy and convenient way for you to increase your knowledge, learn from experts and gain CPD units. It is just like attending a seminar except you don’t leave your office or home.
Once you have registered, we will send you all the information you need to join the webinar. All you need is a computer and telephone. Just follow the link and instructions to join the webinar and dial into the teleconference.
During the webinar, the presenter will present on the topic, similar to in a seminar. You can ask questions by typing in the box provided. Each webinar has lots of time allocated to answering questions so there is plenty of opportunity to interact and engage.
All you need for a webinar is a computer/device and telephone. You logon to the webinar and listen through a teleconference. If you are in an open plan office, you may like to listen through earphones. There is no need to download any additional software. It is really as simple as following a link to join.