2016 Contract for the sale and purchase of land
Course ID ID16040_PRO
Tony Cahill will review and discuss the key changes in the 2016 Contract for sale and purchase of land. This seminar is for all property lawyers –awareness of the changes is fundamental to all property law practices. Ensure that you continue to provide up to date, legally correct advice to your clients by updating your knowledge in this area.
Prior to purchase please see the information below for system requirements.
College of Law Alumni and Law Society Members receive a 10% discount on the price.
Full Price $240.00
Alumni/Member Price $216.00
01 April 2016
30 June 2017
About This Course
The introduction of the 2016 Contract for sale and purchase of land will impact all property law practitioners. Tony Cahill will give a detailed discussion of:
- each of the new clauses in the 2016 Contract for the sale and purchase of land and the reasons behind these changes
- Why a contract for the sale and purchase of land – the impact of the Unfair Contract Terms provisions in the Australian Consumer Law
- Delivery mode and the fate of paper-based forms
- The growth of electronic conveyancing and the use (and refinement) of clause 30
- Swimming pool disclosure
- The Federal withholding tax effective from 1 July 2016 and its impact on the conveyancing process and on the contract provisions
- The changes to the foreign investment regime including the register of foreign interests in agricultural land and its implications for conveyancing
- The future of post-contractual requisition
This seminar complies with the mandatory requirements of Professional Skills.
Tony Cahill was admitted to practice in 1981. After 13 years with a medium-sized city law firm, Tony commenced practice on his own account at Chatswood. In July 2002, Tony commenced a ‘sabbatical’ from private practice to concentrate primarily on legal education and writing.
He is a member of the Law Society’s Property Law and Environmental, Planning and Development Committees. He has been a member of the Re‑Draft Committees for the editions of the Contract for the Sale of Land since 1992, and the editions of the Contract for the Sale of Business since 2000. In 1995, Tony completed the Property Agency TAFE course which was then the most usual educational qualification for holders of licences under the former Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 1941.
He was a co-author with Russell Cocks and Paul Gibney of the first NSW edition of 1001 Conveyancing Answers, and is currently the co-author with Gary Newton of Conveyancing Service New South Wales and Annotated Conveyancing and Real Property Legislation New South Wales, both published by LexisNexis Butterworths.
Tony is also the General Advisor on the recently released online product LexisNexis Practical Guidance – Property Law Module.
Tony is a part-time lecturer at the Sydney and Northern Sydney Institutes of TAFE in various law subjects.
Please check the technical requirements for accessing this online seminar contained here.
Once registered we will send you the access information you will need to log on to our Learning Portal from where you will be able to view the seminar.