The Centre for Legal Innovation (CLI) today announced its inaugural Emerging Leaders Advisory Board (ELAB). The ELAB includes innovators and legalpreneurs in Australia with experience in different aspects of the business and practice of law. In 2022, the Board will be chaired by CLI’s Executive Director, Terri Mottershead.
“Our new ELAB is an important and timely initiative for CLI. It’s guidance and support of our work will complement that of CLI’s Advisory Board” said Terri Mottershead.
“ELAB’s members will provide CLI with an even more diverse, inclusive and deeper understanding of how change/transformation/innovation is impacting early to mid NewLaw practitioners (lawyers, data scientists, legal technologists, legal operations professionals and many more). We look forward to exploring new, different and additional ways to anticipate and respond with agility, so CLI’s work remains relevant to all in the legal ecosystem. I can’t wait to start working with this exceptionally talented group of amazing people.”
CLI’s Emerging Leaders Advisory Board members for 2022 are:
- Sam Burrett, Client Relationship Manager, Clayton Utz
- Sheetal Deo, Founder and Principal Solicitor, Shakti Legal Solutions; Lead Facilitator, The Diversity Collective; Adjunct Lecturer, College of Law; Councillor 2022/23, Queensland Law Society; Management Committee Member, LGBTI Legal Service; National Community Engagement Director, Out for Australia
- Ben Farrow, Co-Founder & CEO, FirmChecker
- Terri Mottershead, Executive Director, Centre for Legal Innovation (Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific) at The College of Law (CLI); Chair CLI Emerging Leaders Advisory Board
- Phoebe Pitt, Special Counsel (Commercial Disputes & Insolvency), Mills Oakley
- Jennifer Priestley, Manager- Advanced Delivery Services, Ashurst Advance, Ashurst
- Mel Scott, Senior Legal Counsel, Megaport Limited; Host & Producer, The Counsel Podcast
- Melanie Smith, Legal Counsel - Litigation, Lake Macquarie City Council
- Christine Zhong, Co-Founder and Director, BotL