Migration Agents Capstone Assessment
Candidates please note that Intake 3 dates for the Migration Agents Capstone Assessment will be as follows:
- Deadline to enrol – 4.00pm Sydney Time Friday 31st July
- Written Assessment Component – Friday 4th September
- Oral Assessment Component – Conducted between 2nd and 6th November
The option to enrol and the September 2020 Intake Guide, with all key dates and deadlines will be posted soon.
Please note, the September Intake of the MACA will be the 3rd and final intake of 2020. Intake dates for 2021 will be posted at a later date.
About the assessment
The Migration Agents Capstone Assessment (the Capstone Assessment) is an independent competency-based assessment, offered by The College of Law Limited. The Capstone Assessment has been designed to assess candidate’s skills to meet the Occupational Competency Standards for Registered Migration Agents (RMAs). The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) has provided a helpful FAQs here that addresses questions raised by candidates in relation to the migration capstone assessment.
The College has also provided helpful FAQs here that addresses additional questions raised in relation to the migration capstone assessment.
There are multiple intakes a year to enable candidates to enrol in an intake that best meets their needs. Before enrolment, please review the Intake Guide for the relevant intake and the Program Manual (scroll down to Resources). These two documents will provide you with the key dates, policies and other relevant information.
Candidates will complete an online exam with two components:
- a 3.5 hr written component (consisting of multiple choice, short answer and practical writing tasks); and upon successful completion:
- a 1.5 hr oral component (face to face through web conferencing, covering a client interview and a file note).
In order to be assessed as meeting the OCS for RMAs, candidates need to succeed in both components of the assessment within the same intake. Successful completion of the written component is a pre-requisite for enrolment in the oral component.
There will be no set resources provided. Candidates are, however, encouraged to use any materials from their previous studies as they see fit.
The fees for the Capstone Assessment are:
- Written Assessment Component - $1650.00 (inclusive of GST) and is payable once the application has been accepted.
- Oral Assessment Component - $1100.00 (inclusive of GST) and is payable when a candidate is notified they have successfully completed the written assessment component.
Capstone Assessment Queries
If you have any queries about the Migration Agents Capstone Assessment, please contact our Client Services team on 1300 506 402. All other questions regarding registering as a migration agent should be directed to the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority on 1300 226 272.