WEP6 Advanced Issues in Wills & Estates
This subject focuses on a series of advanced issues in wills and estates practice and administration, which are less often encountered in practice. It also provides students with the opportunity to provide client advice on these issues and draft the documentation required.
Topics in this subject include:
- Testamentary contracts
- Estoppel and will making
- Testamentary trusts
- Particular types of gifts
- Particular types of beneficiaries
- Insolvent estates
- The forfeiture rule
- Delegation of testamentary power
- Wills and estates under foreign law
IN STEP WITH STEP
The College of Law is an Accredited Education Partner of STEP, the worldwide professional association for practitioners dealing with family inheritance and succession planning. STEP has over 20,000 members across more than 80 countries from a broad range of professional backgrounds.
One subject in either the Wills & Estates major or Estate Planning major, gives you 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership. If you wish to proceed to Full STEP Membership, with use of post-nominal TEP, you must have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience and successfully complete 120 Diploma Level credits, including the successful completion of the following subjects:
- WEP1 Foundations of Wills & Estates Practice and WEP2 Law and Practice of Estates; or
- EPP1 Foundations of Estate Planning and EPP2 Superannuation.
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.