PROP4 (QLD) Body Corporate and Community Title Law
Whether you are working for developers or your clients are residential purchasers, knowledge and expertise in the growing area of body corporate and community title law is a necessary addition to a property lawyer’s skill set. These title arrangements are an increasingly common and complicated form of land ownership and a growing area in property law practice.
At the end of this subject, students will be able to advise developers on community title schemes and the way in which these arrangements are created, governed and managed.
In this subject, emphasis is placed on equipping students with the ability to advise clients in off the plan contracts with confidence and with the ability to identify the critical issues in these contracts.
Topics in this subject include:
- Describing community title schemes
- Advising on title and governance
- Creating and managing a scheme
- Common challenges with community title real estate projects
- Advising a buyer in an off-the-plan purchase
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.