PROP4 NSW Shared Title
Whether you are working for developers or your clients are residential purchasers, knowledge and expertise in the growing area of Shared Title is a necessary addition to a property lawyer’s skill set. Shared title arrangements are an increasingly common and complicated form of land ownership and a growing area in property law practice.
At the end of this subject students will be able to advise developers on the different types of shared title arrangements available and the way in which these arrangements are governed and managed.
In this subject emphasis is placed on equipping students with the ability to advise clients on an off the plan contract with confidence and with the ability to identify the critical issues in these contracts.
Topics in this subject include:
- Describing shared title arrangements
- Shared title concepts
- Subdivision Governance: easements, rights of way, covenants,by-laws, management statements
- Strata leasehold, part building strata, stratum lots
- Community schemes
- Deciphering the strata provisions in the NSW Contract for Sale of Land and drafting special conditions
- Acting in “off the plan” sales
- Advising a purchaser in an “off the plan” purchase
- Disputes in shared title
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online