PROP3 Commercial Leasing, Contracts and Transactions
Commercial leasing transactions can be major transactions to negotiate and to manage with multiple parties involved. They can also be small transactions with two parties only. At the end of this subject you will be familiar with all forms of commercial leasing transactions and the common avoidable errors inherent in leasing. In addition, through participating in practical activities and assessment, you will build and extend your existing drafting and negotiation skills and your expertise and value to clients in this area.
Topics in this subject include:
- Leases – the type of interest in land
- Acting in commercial lease transactions
- Heads of agreement, agreements for lease and other preliminary agreements
- Drafting leases
- Advising on and negotiating leases
- Acting in retail lease transactions
- Assignment of leases and subleases
- Lease options and incentives (PPSA)
- Termination or surrender of leases
- Remedies in leasing
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online