IHP116 Multi-Disciplinary Project Management
Project management encompasses a broad range of disciplines and skills. This subject focuses upon supporting the project management activities of the relevant players in a project role through the lifecycle of a major project. The objective is not to prepare lawyers to be project managers, but rather it is to familiarise you with the various components of the project lifecycle and with a lawyer’s role and contribution at the various stages of the lifecycle.
Topics in this subject include:
- Understanding the project process and lifecycle
- Defining the project and conducting preliminary analysis
- Selecting project delivery methods
- Analysing and identifying risk
- Setting up project delivery structures
- Design and Documentation Phase
- Specifying project requirements
- Dealing with contractual issues
- Project Procurement Phase
- Conducting the tender process and awarding contracts
- Project Delivery Phase
- Administering the contract and controlling budget, time and quality
- Dealing with common problems and disputes
- Completing and commissioning
- Operational Phase
- Reviewing key learning and operational issues
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online