FLP15 Advocacy in Family Law
This subject focuses on developing and/or refreshing advocacy skills used in the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
The aim of this subject is to confer on students the skills necessary for preparing for, and conducting in court, family law matters which have reached the court-room stage, all in an ethical context and in accordance with the rules set by the Family Law Act and the rules of court.
Topics in this subject include:
- Preparing a case for trial
- Rules of evidence in family law matters
- Oral evidence in chief
- Oral and written submissions
- Appellate advocacy
- Presenting an interlocutory application
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.