FLP15 Advocacy in Family Law
This subject focuses on developing and/or refreshing advocacy skills used in the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
The aim of this subject is to confer on students the skills necessary for preparing for, and conducting in court, family law matters which have reached the court-room stage, all in an ethical context and in accordance with the rules set by the Family Law Act and the rules of court.
Topics in this subject include:
- Preparing a case for trial
- Rules of evidence in family law matters
- Oral evidence in chief
- Oral and written submissions
- Appellate advocacy
- Presenting an interlocutory application
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online