FLP12 Advanced Issues in Property, Maintenance and Child Support
This advanced subject examines in-depth issues in complex property and financial matters, one of the most complex areas of family law practice.
At the end of this subject you will be equipped to advise your clients on the more complex issues impacting on matters that involve property and financial issues.
Topics in this subject include:
- Issues in the definition of property
- Trusts, private companies and partnership interests
- Power to bind third parties
- Competing claims, creditors and bankruptcy
- Expert evidence in financial matters
- Setting aside orders and agreements
- Cross-border issues in family property law
- Big money/special skills cases
- De facto property disputes
- Advanced spouse maintenance – lump sum claims and large periodic orders
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.