FLP12 Advanced Issues in Property, Maintenance and Child Support
This advanced subject examines in-depth issues in complex property and financial matters, one of the most complex areas of family law practice.
At the end of this subject you will be equipped to advise your clients on the more complex issues impacting on matters that involve property and financial issues.
Topics in this subject include:
- Issues in the definition of property
- Trusts, private companies and partnership interests
- Power to bind third parties
- Competing claims, creditors and bankruptcy
- Expert evidence in financial matters
- Setting aside orders and agreements
- Cross-border issues in family property law
- Big money/special skills cases
- De facto property disputes
- Advanced spouse maintenance – lump sum claims and large periodic orders
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online