FLP11 Advanced Parenting Issues
This subject provides an in-depth and practical study of the complex and emerging issues relating to validity of marriage, nullity, determining parenthood, parenting after separation and child protection.
At the end of this subject you will be equipped to confidently advise your clients on the more complex issues impacting marriage and children.
Topics in this subject include:
- Validity of marriage and nullity
- Division 12A proceedings
- The law of evidence in children’s cases
- Orders in regard to specific issues
- Grandparents and other relatives in family law disputes
- DNA testing and determining paternity
- The case law on Hague Convention cases
- Best practice in the representation of children
- Expert evidence in children’s matters
- State child protection proceedings
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.