CLP1 Foundations of Commercial Litigation
This subject provides an overview of commercial disputes, with particular focus on causes of action and remedies in commercial disputes. It is designed to expand your knowledge of contract law and to provide insight into the complexities of the typical commercial context in which litigators operate. This subject also examines tortious, equitable and statutory causes of action.
Topics in this subject include
- Advising on commercial disputes
- Contracts - the building blocks of commercial arrangements
- Identifying the contractual terms
- Cutting across contracts
- Termination without breach: frustration and mistake
- Termination for breach of contract
- Statutory overlays on contracts
- Negligence, misrepresentation and misleading and deceptive conduct
- Fiduciary relationships, equity and restitution
- Damages and other forms of relief
How to enrol
1. Download and read the Program Manual (PDF).
This document contains all the terms and conditions relating to your enrolment at The College of Law.
2. Decide on your program and initial subject/s
3. Enrol online