BLP1 Foundations of Business Law
This subject builds on students’ foundational knowledge of Business Law Practice. The subject introduces students to topics and specialised situations relevant to business law. Students are exposed to specific practical skills including analysis, drafting and writing of transactional documents relevant to business law practice. These skills and knowledge are also applied in the context of complex business and commercial transactions.
Topics in this subject include:
- Trusts and unit-holder agreements
- Revenue Law
- Finance, Securities and Guarantees
- Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Emerging issues in business law practice
Course offered in intake 1 2018, commencing 19 February 2018 OR
Subject offered as an intensive subject commencing 20 August 2018, with a compulsory face-to-face workshop in Sydney from 13-15 September 2018.
How to enrol
If you are a new student
Apply via our online application form that will take less than 15 minutes to complete. Simply press the Enrol button below.
To make an application online, please note you will need the following documentation ready to upload:
- A copy of your Academic Transcript
- A passport-sized current colour photo (does not need to be an official passport photo)
- If you are not an Australian citizen, evidence of your status
You will also need to have the following at hand:
- CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number) if you have one
- Your student number relating to your law degree / Diploma of Law / JD or equivalent.
- Your Tax File Number if paying via FEE-Help (student loan)
After completing the online application you will receive a confirmation email of your application – your enrolment is not complete at this stage.
We will email you once your application has been processed and your enrolment confirmed. This email will contain information about orientation, the onsite week and the learning portal.
If you are a re-enrolling student
Complete the re-enrolment process online in the Career Portal.
You will need your student number and password to login.