ILP6 - Intellectual Property Practice
The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) of the 10 ASEAN countries plus 6 free-trade partners (ASEAN+6) seeks to promote free trade amongst its member countries and a desire to cooperate, including the establishment of regional intellectual property platforms and infrastructure. However, IP is not harmonised, and not all IP rights which may be protected and enforced in Australia have the same success levels for protection and enforcement. As more and more global and regional organisations base their operations, or part of their operations, in Asia, the correct domicile, protection and enforcement of important intellectual property rights becomes a key consideration for business.
This subject provides an overview of the various IP rights, the relevant protections in ASEAN countries, and then takes a deep dive into a number of key areas of IP and dispute resolution. Throughout, you will be presented with case studies and asked to prepare advice for your client or partner.
- Intellectual property frameworks throughout ASEAN+6 region
- Advanced issues in copyright
- Advanced issues in trade marks
- Advanced issues in industrial design
- Advanced issues in geographical indications
- Advanced issues in patents
- Protection of intellectual property rights, enforcement and disputes