ILP3 - Negotiating and Drafting Cross-border Contracts (Commercial Law)
Negotiating and documenting cross-border deals requires excellent drafting skills, knowledge of different legal systems, the ability to navigate those legal systems and the nuances of different cultures. Each country throughout Asia is unique, with its own work culture, approaches to hierarchy, verbal and non-verbal communication style and approach to business, all of which are quite different from Australia.
This subject focuses specifically on the knowledge and skill required to negotiate and draft effective commercial contracts throughout Asia. You will hone, through practice, your negotiation and drafting skills, and also learn about the specific commercial and non-commercial considerations that are likely to arise when dealing with parties from various countries, and how to best manage those issues so that you can deliver the practical solutions that your client seeks.
- Cross-border legal practice and contract categories through Asia
- Contract negotiation skills and managing risks
- Structuring commercial contracts
- Advanced issues in contract formation throughout Asia
- Advanced issues in contract interpretation
- Advanced issues in contract termination
- Dispute resolution throughout Asia