Short Option – 25 days + Clinical Experience Module (CEM)
This option may suit students who already have some work experience, those looking to be admitted more quickly, or for whom 75 days is impracticable. In this option you will need to have completed 25 days of work experience prior to starting the CEM coursework. Please read the work experience rules of your state for further clarification, noting that there are some restrictions as to the timeframe of placements in relation to enrolment. Details:
- The 25 days of work experience must be accrued prior to starting the CEM
- If you enrol in Option A – PLT + CEM and subsequently accrue enough days for the 75 day work experience option, you can move into Option B – PLT + 75 days, noting that you should do this before the CEM start date to avoid the CEM course fee
- To enrol in CEM, you will need to complete the CEM Enrolment Form which is available here
- There is an additional cost for the CEM which can be placed on FEE-HELP.
The CEM is comprised of four written activities, including three reflections about your work experience, and an advanced skills session. The CEM can be undertaken:
- Full-time students: At the end of your 15 week full time PLT Coursework Component (which adds an additional five weeks of coursework)
- Part-time students: From week 16 of your part-time PLT Coursework Component, so that both are completed within the 30 week timetable; or
- All students: As a “free standing” five week component after completion of the PLT Coursework Component.
View the CEM starting dates
Enrol in the CEM – complete the Enrolment Form
Standard Option – 75 days
This option suits students who already have accrued or plan to accrue a significant proportion of the work experience days needed for this component. In this option you will need to complete 75 days of approved work experience and the Work Experience and CPE Workbook and Journal which can be found here.
- Work experience can be undertaken before, during, or after your PLT coursework. Please read the work experience rules of your state for further clarification, noting that there are some restrictions with regards to work being completed whilst enrolled in a full time course.
- Students can count up to 55 days in NSW, VIC and SA or 40 days in QLD and WA while still completing their law degree. The remaining days can be accrued immediately following the final assessment or exam towards your law degree
- If you enrol in the PLT + 75 day work experience option you can subsequently move into the PLT + CEM option provided you have already accrued 25 days of work experience.
Have other questions about Work Experience?
Read more about: