Webinar: Asset protection strategies
Thursday 23 March 2017
|CPD||1 CPD unit|
The following will be covered:
- the claw back provisions of the Bankruptcy Act 1996 (Cth) and the Conveyancing Act 1919 (NSW)
- briefly, the consequences of bankruptcy to the bankrupt's property
- purported asset protection strategies and how they attempt to defeat the rights of creditors
- the powers available to a trustee to claw back assets that a bankrupt has attempted to alienate from his estate in bankruptcy;
- the effectiveness of the asset protection strategies given the trustee's powers to claw back certain transfers and dispositions of property;
- the mostly safe haven that is superannuation; and
- the Courts’ responses to attacks on potentially insolvent peoples structures.
Michael will also consider the current position of the Family Court in relation to trusts and including the assets they hold in the marital pool of assets.
Barrister, 13 Wentworth Selborne Chambers
Michael Bennet is a barrister at 13 Wentworth Selborne Chambers practicing in:
- Taxation litigation and advice (State and Federal)
- Commercial litigation
- Wills and Probate
About College of Law webinars
Attending a College webinar is an easy and convenient way for you to increase your knowledge, learn from experts and gain CPD units. It is just like attending a seminar except you don’t leave your office or home.
Once you have registered, we will send you all the information you need to join the webinar. All you need is a computer and telephone. Just follow the link and instructions to join the webinar and dial into the teleconference.
During the webinar, the presenter will present on the topic, similar to in a seminar. You can ask questions by typing in the box provided. Each webinar has lots of time allocated to answering questions so there is plenty of opportunity to interact and engage.
What you need (the technical stuff): all you need for a webinar is a computer/device and telephone. You logon to the webinar and listen through a teleconference. If you are in an open plan office, you may like to listen through earphones. There is no need to download any fancy software. It is really as simply as following a link to join.
Attendance 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance 2 - email@example.com
You have no items in your cart.